Frequently Asked Questions
What criteria are considered for transfer admission?
A transfer student is defined by Ithaca College as a high school graduate who has completed nine or more semester hours (or equivalent) of college course work after high school graduation and before matriculation at Ithaca College. Transfer applicants may apply for either fall or spring admission to the College.
Transfer applicants are reviewed based on all their college work and on their high school academic record. Transfer applicants are required to submit the following items to the Office of Admission:
- Completed online Common Application, the Recommender Assignments section, and the College’s member section questions.
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college or university transcripts
- Letter of recommendation or academic evaluation
- $60 application fee
- SAT or ACT scores (optional)
Auditions, portfolio reviews, or interviews are also required for certain programs.
More Information for Transfer Students