How to get a college best buy
Best buy colleges are the schools that give you the most for your tuition dollars, but how do you recognize one? Here are some key benefits to look for:
- Internship, research, and fieldwork opportunities that maximize your real-world experience before graduation
- A strong record of alumni success
- Accomplished faculty and a low student-to-faculty ratio
- Excellent academic and student life facilities
- A wide assortment of academic programs and courses to suit every interest
So is Ithaca a best buy? Without a doubt!
- Ithaca College prides itself on providing opportunities for real-world experience through internships, fieldwork, research, or clinical experiences, many of which earn academic credit.
- Ninety-seven percent of our students find jobs or enter graduate school within one year of graduating.
- Our excellent faculty put students first, and Ithaca's faculty-student ratio is a remarkably low 12 to 1.
- Ithaca has 100-plus academic programs and offers more than 2,000 courses every year.
But is college really worth it?
You bet it is! College isn't cheap, but it's definitely an investment worth making. Consider these findings:
- The Washington Post has reported that college graduates earn an average of 76 percent more than those without a degree.
- According to a 2008 U.S. Census Bureau report, adults with bachelor's degrees earned an average of $25,895 more per year than high school graduates.