Welcome to the
Academic Advising Center!
The Academic Advising Center (AAC) is part of the Center for Academic Advancement. The AAC is comprised of six professional academic advisors who partner with faculty and staff across campus to help students engage in thoughtful educational planning and goal setting. Advisors empower Ithaca College students to take responsibility for achieving academic goals.
CLASS OF 2018: Please remember to check your IC email for a link to the 1st Year Checkpoint Survey! We want to know how you are doing. Pizza party for the residence hall floor with highest participation. Survey closes September 29.
A professional academic advisor is available to:
- Talk with you about your educational and career goals
- Review general degree requirements
- Provide tips for making a good transition to college level classes
- Discuss adding or changing majors or minors
- Help you learn how to manage your time and prepare for exams
- Listen to your needs and get you to the best person or resource to help you
The FAQs provide more information about our services and how professional academic advisors and faculty advisors each play an important role in your success at Ithaca College. The Advising Expectations section also provides information on the role of an advisor and an advisee.
The Advising Center also works closely with the other units of the Center for Academic Advancement: Student Accessibility Services (SAS), Tutoring Services, and the Office of State Grants and can make referrals to those offices and others on campus in order to best serve student needs.
Contact the Academic Advising Center whenever you are not sure where to find the answers!
- We are located at 130A Rothschild Place (next to the Park School of Communications). The main phone number is 607-274-1001.
- Office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Make an appointment or use our drop in hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Stop by to see us soon! We are here for you!