Welcome to the
Academic Advising Center!
NEW! Registration for Fall 2014 classes begins on April 21. Check out our Registration Tips to help you prepare for scheduling classes for the Fall!
NOTE: To find the time when you can begin registering, go to Homer and click on Registration Status.
The Academic Advising Center empowers Ithaca College students to take responsibility for achieving academic goals. The Center is comprised of six professional academic advisors, who partner with faculty and staff across campus to help students engage in thoughtful educational planning and goal setting.
Contact the Academic Advising Center whenever you are not sure where to find the answers! We are located at 130A Rothschild Place (next to the Park School of Communications). The main phone number is 607-274-1001.
A professional academic advisor is available to:
- Talk with you about your educational and career goals
- Review general degree requirements
- Provide tips for making a good transition to college level classes
- Discuss adding or changing majors or minors
- Help you learn how to manage your time and prepare for exams
- Listen to your needs and get you to the best person or resource to help you
The FAQs provide more information about our services and how professional academic advisors and faculty advisors each play an important role in your success at Ithaca College. The Advising Expectations section also provides information on the role of an advisor and an advisee.
IC's Academic Advising Center also includes the following three departments
(although they are not all currently located in one physical space):
- Academic Enrichment Services (including tutoring)
AES is accepting applications from students interested in being a tutor for the 2014-15 academic year until April 15.
Click here to apply.
- Student Disability Services
- Office of State Grants (HEOP and CSTEP)
Stop by to see us soon! We are here for you!