Transfer Student Advising
Transfer students bring broad experience and unique perspectives to Ithaca College. The professional academic advisors at the Academic Advising Center (AAC) are eager to assist transfer students with the successful integration of prior academic coursework with the curriculum requirements at IC.
Professional advisors at the AAC are available by appointment and through drop-in hours. Appointments can be made by calling 607-274-1001 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All transfer students are required to enroll in ICSM 20500: Liberal Arts and Society during their first semester at the college. This 0-1 credit seminar is designed to introduce students to the Integrative Core Curriculum (ICC) and to foster a better understanding of the role of integrative learning in the 21st century. The seminar, taught by the professional academic advisors of the AAC, also provides information about resources to assist transfer students in their transition to campus.
Each transfer student is also assigned a faculty advisor who can provide specific information about requirements for the major and any minors that a student may declare. Faculty advisors also can offer guidance around internships, graduate school and networking.
The following links lead to information that will be particularly useful to transfer students:
- School of Humanities & Sciences Advising Information for Transfer Students
- Integrative Core Curriculum for Transfer Students
- Overview chart of ICC for Transfer Students in School of Humanities & Sciences (PDF)
- Overview chart of ICC for Transfer Students enrolled in the Business School, Park School of Communications, School of Health Studies and Human Performance (HSHP) and the School of Music (PDF)
- Student Affairs and Campus Life Transfer Student Programming
- SHIFT: Supportive and Helpful Information For Transfer Students