The Aquatics Pavilion Indoor Pool houses an Olympic size pool (50 meters x 25 yards) that was completed in September of 2011, and is located in the Athletics & Events Center
- Ithaca College’s Indoor Pool is 13,100 sq. ft and consists of a 9 lanes 50 meters by 21 lanes 25 yard pool. The pool has a variety of competition courses that can be configured with 2 separate Bulkheads, 6' wide and 4' wide. The pool is 8+ feet deep at both the starting and turning ends of the competition courses, with 5 lanes 14 feet deep at the diving end of the pool. The pool also has a 30' by 75' movable floor system to enable shallow or deep water area. Shallow water is used to accommodate swim lessons, academic classes, Aqua Zumba, PT or rehab training and a variety of other activities, while the deep water is used to accommodate competitive swimming, water polo, and any other events that require deep water.
- The facility provides spectator gallery seating for approximately 1,000
- Diving consists of two 1-meter boards and two 3-meter boards on separate platforms, with warm water showers. Diving set up also includes a sparger air bubbling system and water agitators under each board.
- The facility also includes a 200 sq. ft. Whirlpool Tub/Spa that can accommodate up to 20 people.
- Attached to the pool is a 40 person Wet Class Room, used for teaching all aquatics classes, holding team meeting, and used to assist with event management.
- Timing Systems for the facility are fully-automatic Colorado Time System with touch pad’s, relay judging platforms with lights, a full color video board for swimming/diving/water polo and a separate electronic LED display board configured for diving.
- The pool is home to the Men & Women's Swimming and Diving Teams.
- The facility can also accommodate a number of removable Rowing stations down the length of pool, so that our Crew programs have the ability to practice inside.
A&E Center Aquatics Pavilion Design Awards and Publications:
2012 – ‘Innovative Architecture & Design’ Award Recreation Management magazine
2012 – ‘Architectural Showcase’ Athletic Business magazine
The indoor pool is open to all Ithaca College, faculty, staff, and students for all posted lap swim and family swim hours. All individuals must present their ID to the Lifeguarding Staff each time they use the pool. Faculty and Staff may bring children with them to the pool, during designated Family swim hours only.
For non-Ithaca College community members or Ithaca College Alumni may purchase of a pool membership for the indoor pool for the Fall/Spring Semesters. Memberships are $300 for individual/family. This Membership covers the individual and their family members, from September 3rd 2012 - May 13th 2013 and will cover all scheduled lap swim and family swim hours, during the college’s regular semester hours and dates. Please see the application in the right column for more details