Dear Outdoor Pool Member,
Whether you are renewing your membership this year or joining the Friends of Ithaca College pool for the first time, this is designed to give you all the important information to maximize your use of the Ithaca College Outdoor Pool for the 2013 season.
Outdoor Pool Rules
- Children under 16 years of age must be under continual supervision of an adult.
- Regulation swim suits are required
- Diving prohibited in non designated areas
- Swim aids such as fins, floatation devices, kick boards, must be approved in advance by the guard on duty before use in pool
- Glass containers & food are prohibited
- Small children wearing diapers must wear rubber pants
- No animal or pets allowed in pool area
- A valid ID is required to enter pool area
- No alcoholic beverages in the pool area
- Guests of members are required to pay $5/day for adults: $2/day for children
- Running is NOT allowed anywhere in the pool area
Members of the Outdoor Pool can bring guests to the pool with them. The cost is $5/day for adults: $2/day for children for guests. Each family may bring up to 4 guests maximum.
Swim Lessons & Water Aerobics
Did you know that we offer swim lessons and Aqua Zumba for all our members? Swim lesson information is available online or at the pool office. Sign-ups are done at the pool office. There is a fee to participate in swim lessons, please see additional information regarding class times and cost.
Our Aqua Zumba classes are free for all members, age 13 and older (participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult). Child care is not provided during these classes.
If you have any questions about or programs, concerns about safety, or compliments for our staff, please feel free to contact me at any time. My office phone is (607) 274-1068 and my email is email@example.com
- The Outdoor Pool is located in between the Athletics and Events Center and Ithaca College's Fitness Center.
- The pool is open from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
- The pool is a 6 lane 25 yard pool, with a diving well (no diving boards).
- Summer memberships are available.
June 2 - June 23
Monday - Friday: 3pm - 7pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm - 7pm
June 24 - September 2
Monday - Friday: 11am - 7pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm - 7pm
PLEASE NOTE: The outdoor pool will be closed on June 1 and August 4, 2013 for college planned power outages, and July 26-28.
OUTDOOR POOL MEMBERSHIPS
The Ithaca College Outdoor Pool is open only to Ithaca College students, alumni, faculty/staff and their immediate family and Friends of Ithaca College. The Outdoor Pool is not open to the public. Valid Ithaca College ID cards or Outdoor Pool membership card MUST be presented in order to gain access to the pool.
All enrolled (matriculating) Ithaca College students have automatic membership at the Outdoor Pool. Ithaca College seniors who have just recently graduated have membership until the end of the summer. All students must present a valid Ithaca College ID card. Family of students may pay a guest fee to enter the pool.
-ITHACA COLLEGE FACULTY/STAFF
All benefits eligible faculty/staff of Ithaca College, along with spouses, domestic partners and dependents have automatic membership to the Outdoor Pool. All eligible family members must be listed with the Human Resource Office.
· Faculty/staff members- must present valid Ithaca College Faculty/staff ID card.
· Family members under 16 years of age - parents must fill out an Outdoor Pool membership form for the dependents. No ID’s will be issued to dependents under 16 years of age and a parent or guardian MUST accompany them at all times.
Alumni of Ithaca College may purchase a family membership for the Outdoor Pool for $200 or an individual membership for $115. The family membership includes spouses/domestic partners and dependents.
-FRIENDS OF ITHACA COLLEGE
Friends of Ithaca College may purchase a family membership for the Outdoor Pool for $200 or an individual membership for $115. The family membership includes spouses/domestic partners and dependents.
The Friends of Ithaca College are local area residents who work together to strengthen the bond between the community and Ithaca College. They also support a scholarship fund that enables deserving area students to receive an IC education. For more information on becoming a Friend of Ithaca College, please call 274-1393 or visit: www.ithaca.edu/friends