Outdoor Pool & Summer Season
OUTDOOR POOL MEMBERSHIPS
The Ithaca College Outdoor Pool is open to Ithaca College students, alumni, faculty/staff and their immediate family and Friends of Ithaca College. The Outdoor Pool is not open to the public without membership. Valid Ithaca College ID cards or Outdoor Pool membership card MUST be presented in order to gain access to the pool.
- All enrolled (matriculating) Ithaca College students have automatic membership at the Outdoor Pool. Family members of students may pay a guest fee to enter the pool, when accompanied by the student.
ITHACA COLLEGE FACULTY/STAFF
- All benefits eligible faculty/staff of Ithaca College, along with spouses, domestic partners and dependents have automatic membership to the Outdoor Pool. All eligible family members must be listed with the Human Resource Office.
- Faculty/staff members- must present valid Ithaca College Faculty/staff ID card.
- Family members under 16 years of age - parents must fill out an Outdoor Pool membership form for the dependents. No ID’s will be issued to dependents under 16 years of age and a parent or guardian MUST accompany them at all times.
- Alumni of Ithaca College may purchase an individual or family membership for the Outdoor Pool (Family $200 or an individual for $115). The family membership includes spouses/domestic partners and dependents.
FRIENDS OF ITHACA COLLEGE or non-ITHACA COLLEGE COMMUNITY MEMBERS
- For Non-Itahca College Community Members you must first become a member of the Friends of Ithaca College before purchase an Outdoor Pool membership.
- Friends of Ithaca College may purchase a family membership for the Outdoor Pool for $200 or an individual membership for $115. The family membership includes spouses/domestic partners and dependents.
- The Friends of Ithaca College are local area residents who work together to strengthen the bond between the community and Ithaca College. They also support a scholarship fund that enables deserving area students to receive an IC education. For more information on becoming a Friend of Ithaca College, please visit: www.ithaca.edu/friends
Location and Pool information
- The Outdoor Pool is located in between the Athletics and Events Center and Ithaca College's Fitness Center.
- The pool is a 6 lane 25 yard pool, with a diving well (no diving boards).
- The outdoor pool is a heated pool (temp will vary with the weather in Ithaca).
- Summer memberships are available.
Weather and Outdoor Pool Policies:
- Outdoor Pool Opening: will open if the air temperature is forecasted to be 65 degrees or higher for the day. The Weather Channel (www.weather.com) will be used for determining forecast and temperature.
- Thunder/Lighting: Pools will close for 30 minutes and reopen 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder. Pools and deck area will be cleared of all patrons when this occurs.
- Rain: Outdoor pool will remain open as long as main drains of the pool are visible from lifeguard stands
Outdoor Pool Rules
- Children under 16 years of age must be under continual supervision of an adult.
- Regulation swim suits are required
- Diving prohibited in non designated areas
- Swim aids such as fins, floatation devices, kick boards, must be approved in advance by the guard on duty before use in pool
- Glass containers & food are prohibited
- Small children wearing diapers must wear rubber pants
- No animal or pets allowed in pool area
- A valid ID is required to enter pool area
- No alcoholic beverages in the pool area
- Guests of members are required to pay $5/day
- Running is NOT allowed anywhere in the pool area
Members of the Outdoor Pool can bring guests to the pool with them. The cost is $5/day for guests. Each family may bring up to 4 guests maximum.
We offer swim lessons for all ages and Aqua Zumba for all our outdoor pool members? Swim lesson information is available online or at the pool office. Sign-ups should be submited at the pool office. There is a fee to participate in swim lessons, please see additional information regarding class times, offerings, and cost.
Our Aqua Zumba classes are free for all members, age 13 and older (participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult). Child care is not provided during these classes. Please visit the Fitness Center Website for up to date hours /sacl/recsports/fitnesscenter/group_exercise/