Current Status (last updated 09/15/98)
- We have passed the reviews by the Town Planning Board and the Zoning
- The telescope has been ordered, and is being built.
Expected delivery is by June 21.
- The dome has been ordered.
Expected delivery is roughly the end of June or early July.
- Final construction drawings have been completed, and are with the
building inspector. We are awaiting a building permit.
- Construction will be done by Ithaca College Physical Plant. Fred Vanderburgh
expects to have the main building water-tight by Commencement.
- We now have a construction permit, and construction has begun.
Construction Pictures are
- The dome is scheduled to be delivered the week of May 11
(Senior Week). We should have the dome installed before Commencement.
- Interior work on the building will begin after the dome is installed.
- The telescope now won't be delivered until July.
- The dome has been delivered and installed. Motion is very smooth, so it looks
like a good installation.
- The telescope has arrived.
- The telescope has been installed. First light was Sept. 1, but we didn't finish
calibrating the pointing model until Sept. 2. We achieved a pointing accuracy of
20 arc-seconds, which is a factor of 3 better than the specs.