ICAA is a chapter of the IMA, Institute of Management Accountants. The program’s emphasis is on the IMA and the promotion of management accounting and financial management as a profession and a career while encouraging student chapters to be creative in providing creative services to their members. As a student chapter we are striving to achieve the 2009-2010 IMA Award of Excellence. The 2009-2010 Award of Excellence is presented to student chapters that meet the requirements set by the IMA committee. There are three levels of achievement: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. We hope to achieve the Gold award so we can become a candidate for the Outstanding Student Chapter Award. http://www.imanet.org/
How do you join IMA?
- You complete a form online. You pay the due rate for which you belong, and renew your membership each year.
What are the student membership requirements?
- Must be enrolled in at least six academic credit hours per semester
What are the benefits of membership?
- The IMA opens the door to many opportunities.
- The IMA allows students to communicate and network with business professionals in their fields of interest. They offer a student leadership conference that allows students to be exposed to career options in the management accounting field while networking with experienced professionals.
- Membership opens up learning opportunities for the CMA exam as well as helping you take the exam at reduced fees.
- Join and have access to scholarships to help fund your education