Fall 2009 Student Driver Safety Classes
Student supervisors: do you have students who are 21 years and older and need to drive College-owned or leased vehicles on behalf of your department? Pass along the following information to your student drivers.
Please be sure to review the student driver handbook yourself so you are aware of what rules the students need to follow. Any procedure not followed could mean suspension of driving privileges for your student drivers.
Students 21 years and over who will be driving Ithaca College vehicles need to:
- Register for a class by visiting the Office of Risk Management, 319 Peggy Ryan Williams Center
- Complete the required Driver Information Form -- approval is a 14-business day process (must be done each year)
- Print the Ithaca College Student Driver Handbook. Please be sure to know the College policies and regulations contained within the handbook prior to driving College vehicles and transporting passengers.
Students who take the driver class and pass the test with a score of 80 percent or higher will be eligible to drive College vehicles for one year from date of class completion. After one year, students will only be required to take a brief written test and must score 80 percent or higher.
- Wednesday, September 2, 7:00-9:00 p.m., location TBA*
- Sunday, October 4, 2:00-4:00 p.m., location TBA*
- Monday, October 19, 7:00-9:00 p.m., location TBA*
*For location updates, please stay tuned to Intercom and the following website:
Originally published in Intercom: Fall 2009 Student Driver Safety Classes.