IC Students Sweep Sigma Iota Epsilon National Scholar Awards
The national office of Sigma Iota Epsilon Management Honorary has announced scholarship winners for 2008. Members of the Zeta Iota Chapter at Ithaca College captured eight of ten National Scholar Awards! Kudos to these outstanding students!
Leanne J. Gabinelli, '08 (communication management and design/corporate communication) was named the Keith Davis Graduate Scholar for her conceptual paper, "E-mail in the Workplace." This is the first time that an Ithaca College SIE member has won a National Scholar Award for graduate study.
Criteria for undergraduate National Scholar Awards included academic excellence, level of activity in Sigma Iota Epsilon and other College organizations, demonstrated leadership, and community service involvement. Our undergraduate National Scholars for 2008 are
- Allison M. Walker '10 (business administration, with concentrations in marketing and international business)
- Jessica L. Hoeler '09 (organizational communication, learning, and design/corporate communication)
- Michelle L. Duffy '08 (communication management and design/corporate communication)
- Blagoy V. Kostadinov '09 (business administration, with concentrations in finance and corporate accounting)
- Brooks T. Lape '09 (business administration, with concentrations in management and marketing)
- Brent J. Byrne '10 (business administration, with concentrations in management and finance)
- Thomas W. Fishback '10 (business administration, with a concentration in finance)
Since its founding in 1999, 26 Zeta Iota Chapter members have won $18,500 in National Scholar Awards. Our chapter has also earned recognition as "National Chapter of the Year" six times. Congratulations one and all!
Originally published in Intercom: IC Students Sweep Sigma Iota Epsilon National Scholar Awards.