Field Immersion Assignment
After attending Workshop #2: All-Star Interviewing and completing the Professions Exploration assignment (course BINT 10400), students will complete the Field Immersion assignment (BINT 20400).
The Field Immersion assignment is an off-campus experience that gives students more insight into their desired profession through a 30-hour job shadowing experience. This gives students an opportunity to observe daily functions of the organization and to interview staff in order to learn various aspects of the organization. Upon conclusion, a reflection must be submitted to the Professional Development Coordinator for review and grading.
Learning Objectives for the Field Immersion assignment
1. Spend 30 hours of time on-site with an employer to learn various aspects of the company that relates to their major/concentration.
2. Obtain information about the organizational structure of the company.
3. Submit a summary of professional skills and tasks that were developed or practiced.
4. Connect with at least one additional member of the organization to either perform an informational interview or observe on-site. Describe how that person’s job relates to your action steps from the Professions Exploration Assignment or your overall learning goals.
5. Reflect on the at least three defining experiences and how they have shaped a view within your field of student and/or future career. Connect your experience to what you have learned on-campus in the classroom.
Course Registration and Assignment Details
To register for the Field Immersion (BINT 20400) course, students must complete the Field Immersion application and submit it to the Professional Development Coordinator in BUS 122. This course is graded as Pass/Fail and is offered at zero credits.
Use the following resources to: