Information for Departments
- Call 4-3371 or send an email before 9AM to email@example.com when your department will be closed or other delivery arrangements need to be made.
- Call 4-3371 before 9AM if you have a large outgoing mailing.
- Please write your department name above the return address on outgoing mail.
- Please provide a TRACKING NUMBER when calling about a package.
- Intra-campus envelopes should be addressed with a name and the department the person works in, NOT their office location. We deliver to departments.
- Intra-campus envelopes are not to be used when sending information to students.
- All outgoing department packages require a shipping document.
- Mail left at the Phillips Hall Post office in the morning leaves Ithaca on the same truck as our afternoon pick up.
International mail containing more than just documents requires a customs form.
- Online form at: https://webapps.usps.com/customsforms/#
- Paper forms are available at the Phillips Hall Post Office or the Mail Center.
- Form 2976 is the most common. It is for items valued under $400.00.