The School of Humanities and Sciences offers a variety of opportunities for interdisciplinary study. Students can choose to enroll in one of the several interdisciplinary minors the school offers to supplement the disciplinary focus of their major; many of these minors cross departmental, and even school, boundaries in the required courses. Some programs offer individual courses that provide the opportunity for students, whether formally in the minor or not, to explore interdisciplinary areas of inquiry. Students interested in engaging in independent service learning projects with an interdisciplinary, rather than department-based, focus can sign up for individual courses through the community service program.
Individual pages for the following interdisciplinary minors in the school are included here (an asterisk indicates that the program also offers individual courses, which can be found at the end of this section).
- Ithaca College Honors Program (by invitation only)
- African Diaspora Studies* (specific courses offered through the Center for the Study of Culture, Race, and Ethnicity)
- Classical Studies
- Community Service Program* (not a formal minor)
- Counseling Minor
- Jewish Studies*
- Latin American Studies
- Latino/a Studies* (specific courses offered through the Center for the Study of Culture, Race, and Ethnicity)
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Muslim Cultures
- Native American Studies
- Women's Studies*