Other Resources and Information
Further information about other sources of financial aid is readily available at public libraries and college financial aid offices. Students should aggressively seek out and apply for financial assistance from grant, loan, and private scholarship sources. Students may also access a free Internet scholarship service, FastWeb (www.fastweb.com). This and many other financial aid resources are listed online at the College's financial aid website.
Student Financial Services Website
Among the websites with financial aid information are
- U.S. Department of Education, www.ed.gov
- New York State Higher Education Services Corporation, www.hesc.org
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, www.nasfaa.org, which offers a comprehensive selection of other links
- Council for Exceptional Children, which provides information on scholarship opportunities for students with disabilities at www.cec.sped.org/fd/scholapp.htm
In addition to the financial aid programs listed in this catalog, there are many specialized aid programs available to students who are members of underrepresented groups or who are disabled. Among these is the following:
- Educational opportunities for persons who are disabled or legally blind -- contact the Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID), New York State Education Department, 1606 OCP Twin Towers Building, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234, phone: 518-474-2714; or the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped, Office of Children and Family Services, 40 North Street, Albany, NY 12243, phone: 518-473-1801.