How to report copyright infringements occurring on Ithaca College's computers and networks
The designated agent to respond to reports alleging copyright infringements on Ithaca College's computers and networks, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), is David Weil, computer abuse administrator for Information Technology Services.
Allegations of copyright infringements should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The DMCA requires that all infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature
- Identification of the infringed work
- Identification of the infringed material
- Contact information for the complainant (name, address, telephone number, electronic mail address)
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or the law
- A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
For more information on copyright laws, please visit the United States Copyright Office.