Digital Instruction and Information Services has established scheduling guidelines for performing necessary maintenance on computers, applications and network systems. During scheduled times, important production systems such as email, file and print services, Parnassus, Homer, and network communications may be unavailable. Whenever possible, the maintenance will be performed during "off hours" per the schedule listed below.
DIIS System Maintenance Schedule
- Up = All systems are expected to be up during this time, barring emergencies or unexpected outages.
- Minor = Most systems are expected to be up during these times. Maintenance may be performed for low-impact, small-scale changes, as determined by factors such as number of people affected, duration of the maintenance, and time of year.
- Major = Broad impact maintenance will be performed at these times.
System maintenance may be performed outside of (or extend beyond) the scheduled maintenance for any of the following reasons:
- Emergency corrective maintenance may be required.
- Major upgrades or changes may take longer than the scheduled maintenance period.
- For maintenance that only impacts one office, that office may request a different time.
- For systems that involve assistance from (or are managed by) an external vendor, that vendor may request/require a different time.
- For any planned maintenance requiring an outage, the campus community will be notified a minimum of 10 business days in advance.
- Notification tools may include