Summer Lab Printing Updates!
Throughout this summer, ITS will continue to work on implementing the print management solution in the student labs. This effort supports the sustainability goals of the college. Lab and Library users will begin to see changes starting next week!
Here's the plan - ITS will be switching print management software from GoPrint to PaperCut, setting student print allowances and running pilots in Friends 110 and the Library over the summer:
- On Monday May 19th, GoPrint will be turned off in the Library and all public labs. Students will still be able to print without needing to authenticate.
- ITS plans to enable PaperCut software in the Friends 110 lab beginning Tuesday, May 27th and in the Library the week of June 2nd. The print experience will change slightly; lab consultants and library staff will be available to help.
- Students will be given a $5.00 summer allowance for printing needs.
- For the summer, students will not be charged if they exceed this allowance.
- Summer allowances will end on August 10th. On August 11th, the fall allowance of $10 (142 duplex prints) will begin and pay-for-print for additional prints beyond the allowance will become available.
This software will be installed in other student labs as part of the regular summer software upgrade process. ITS will be working with directly with Lab Coordinators for scheduling, training and support needs.
This plan is a work in progress and may change. Thank you for your support and flexibility.
102 Job Hall
Originally published in Intercom: Summer Lab Printing Updates!.