Every faculty, staff and student has an Ithaca College e-mail address. All official Ithaca College business is sent to that account. Individual e-mail accounts, along with many other IC systems and services, grant access via the Netpass username and password. More information about e-mail accounts is found in the Account section of this website.
Even though it is electronic, e-mail can become a permanent record. We encourage users to follow these best practices:
E-mail Best Practices
- E-mail can be a permanent record of what you have said -- think before you send
- Don’t put anything in e-mail that you aren't comfortable having printed on the front page of your local newspaper
- Sending threatening and/or harassing messages is a serious issue -- don't do it
- If you are harassed, save the e-mail and contact Public Safety, or contact the Computer Abuse Administrator at email@example.com
- Don't share your Netpass password with anyone
- If you don't know the sender, don't open the e-mail, or click any links in the e-mail
- Never respond to e-mails requesting personal information such as password, date of birth, social security number, etc. (that's called phishing)
- Don't try to unsubscribe from spam e-mails, it just confirms that there's a real person reading the e-mail and may actually cause you to get more junk messages.
The IC email system is provided by Microsoft Office 365.