Through our LyndaCampus agreement, our campus community has access to over 4,000 video courses, covering a wide range of topics from Accounting to Web Development. With courses for all skill levels, practice environments, exercise files, and on-the-go learning from your laptop, tablet, and mobile device, Lynda provides something for everyone. Click the link on the right sidebar to get started using Lynda.com today!
Features and benefits of Lynda.com
There are many features and benefits including:
- Shareable and assignable course playlists to support individualized learning
- Detailed reporting at the user, group, and course levels
- Searchable course transcripts for immediate answers
- Bookmarks for favorite sections and easy reference
- Downloadable exercise files that reinforce retention
- Certificates of Completion
- And much more!
On-the-go learning with Lynda.com
Take the entire Lynda.com library with you on your mobile and tablet devices. Lynda.com provides free applications for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows devices. No internet connection? No problem! You can save videos (while connected to the internet) for offline viewing later, no internet connection required.
There are two ways to access LyndaCampus on from your computer:
- Log into myhome.ithaca.edu
- In myHome, click the Lynda.com link in the IC Services launcher (left side of the window).
- If prompted, enter your IC email address and Netpass password.
- You are now logged in!
- Go to Lynda.com, click log in
- Select organization login
- Enter www.ithaca.edu into the organization URL field.
- Enter your IC email address and Netpass password.
- You are now logged in!
No matter which way you prefer, you'll find your account and unlimited access to video training waiting for you.
How do I access Lynda.com from my mobile device?
- Download the Lynda.com app from the app store.
- Launch the app.
- Tap Already a Member or Login
- Tap the Organization tab
- In the Web Portal section, type ithaca.edu
- Tap Login
- Log in using your IC email address and Netpass password.
- You may be asked if your account is school/organization or personal. Select school/organization.
I currently pay for a subscription to Lynda.com. Do I need to continue my subscription?
You do not need to continue paying for your existing subscription. Our LyndaCampus agreement provides access to all staff, faculty, and students, so there is no need for individuals or groups to purchase separate accounts to use this service. Individuals and groups across campus that currently pay for an existing account may contact Lynda.com Customer Support if you'd like to close your account and request a prorated refund.
How do I transfer course completion history, playlists, and current course progress from an existing Lynda.com subscription?
Upon first logging in to your new LyndaCampus account, you will be asked if you had a previous account with Lynda.com. You will be asked to sign into your old account and your information will be transferred to the new account. Once you've transferred your account info, contact Lynda.com Customer Support to cancel your paid account.
Groups can be created and used to assign courses and track the progress of specific individuals. This might be useful to managers and directors that want to help build the skills of their staff. Perhaps a faculty member would like to assign Lynda videos or courses to their students as part of their coursework for the semester; groups make this possible. Groups are maintained by the individual that requests the group. Complete the form linked on the right sidebar of this page to request a group.