Alternatives to Catering Policy
Ithaca College has an exclusive contract with Sodexo Campus Services for all food service on college property. All residential, retail food and catering services on campus must be provided by Sodexo Campus Services operating as the Ithaca College department of Dining Services. Due to Health Department regulations and liability issues, all food service on campus must be provided under strict guidelines and supervision.
The Office of Campus Center and Event Services has developed the following guidelines to help Ithaca College community members determine when alternatives to catering are possible and appropriate, and is the only office authorized to allow alternative catering.
1. In all dining halls and the Emerson Suites and Lounge Ithaca College Catering (or Casual Catering through Dining Services) must be used.
2. In IC Square groups are permitted to bring in prepared and/or pre-packaged food from licensed food providers for informal meetings/events as long as the Food Court and LaVincita are not open. No Ithaca College Catering services will be provided in combination with the external food.
3. In campus offices or meeting rooms, and the Clark, Klingenstein and McDonald Lounges, groups are permitted to bring in prepared and/or pre-packaged food from licensed food providers for informal events or departmental/group meetings. No Ithaca College Catering services will be provided in combination with the external food.
Items permitted for meetings include:
- Doughnuts and breakfast items
- Pizza, wings, etc.
- Pre-packaged snack goods
- Individual servings of beverages
4. Items prepared from home are not permitted for meetings or events under any circumstances.
5. No outside catering services are allowed on campus under any circumstances. On occasion, community members plan events requiring very specialized menus. In these circumstances the Offices of Campus Center and Event Services and Catering Services are willing to meet with event planners to develop a custom menu.
6. When groups bring in prepared and/or pre-packaged food from licensed food providers for informal meetings/events the group is responsible for all clean-up from the event.