Student Employment 2013-2014
Thank you for your interest in working in the exciting world of events. We are currently looking for SPECIAL EVENT MANAGER student candidates to begin working in the spring of 2014. Check out the job descriptions and apply today.
We are not currently accepting applications for this position. Please check back in the future.
EVENT & MARKETING COORDINATOR
The Event & Marketing Coordinator requirements are as follows:
- GPA or 2.5 or higher
- Prior experience in working at events (CMD/IMC major preferred)
- Desire to work in the field of event production after graduation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible work availability (ability to work during holidays and academic breaks)
- Ability to flourish in a rapidly changing environment
- Attend mandatory fall training beginning Monday, August 18, 2014 through August 24, 2014.
The Event & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Supervising events planned by Campus Center & Event Services staff:
- Assisting the clients and service providers to meet requirements as outlined in the event summaries.
- Resolving all on-site complications by communicating with service providers and full-time CCES staff.
- Ensuring the delivery of the services necessary for an event including catering set-up, beverage service, parking, all of the service providing departments or businesses and the client.
- Working on Set Up and Audio Visual shifts to gain knowledge about the operations of the Campus Center & Events office.
- Shadowing EMC staff to gain knowledge of event services and customer service skills.
The EMC operates in a fast-paced professional environment. Thus, we expect you to conduct yourself accordingly.
Although you will be guided by more experienced student managers, we expect you to learn quickly, and be able to work as a SEM, independently by the end of your first semester.