As the newly-hired Associate Vice President for the Ithaca College Facilities organization, I am pleased to welcome you to the Facilities Department’s website.
I am proud to represent the 200 Facilities staff members who build, maintain, clean and otherwise provide services to support and serve our campus community members, alumni and guests. The Facilities staff is a hard-working, committed and institutionally-loyal group of employees. Our intent is to assist our colleague IC departments with the recruitment, retention and graduation of our valued student body, and to enable our faculty and staff members to conduct research, impart knowledge and complete the important administrative support functions that bolster the academic experience.
I find it worthy to mention that a number of goals have recently been identified to guide our efforts. I am pleased to mention a few of them here:
- To provide stellar support and assistance to all of our customer groups.
- To complete – and to begin to implement – the 2015 Ithaca College Master Plan.
- To complete a comprehensive Condition Audit of the physical campus, leading to a firm understanding of the Deferred Maintenance agenda that lies ahead, and to develop a strategy to ameliorate these items during the next several years.
- To become a data-based decision making organization with a byproduct of continuous quality improvement of processes and practices.
- To implement Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with numerous campus departments.
- To align Facilities with the tenets of IC 20/20, the College’s Strategic Plan, wherever possible.
- To enhance training opportunities for our valued Facilities employees.
Our website is in the midst of a significant upgrade, so I encourage you to visit us periodically, as new features and valuable information will be added continuously. In the interim, I offer a warm welcome, and hope that you find our site to be both informative and helpful.
Dr. Timothy Carey
Associate Vice President, IC Facilities