Applied for Aid? Here’s what to expect next.
After you complete the FAFSA
- If you included a valid email address with your FAFSA, you should be notified within 3 to 5 days with instructions on how to access an online copy of your student aid report (SAR).
- If they do not have an email address for you, you will receive a copy of the SAR in the mail within 7 to 10 days.
- If you listed Ithaca College in your FAFSA, we will receive the SAR electronically as soon as it is processed.
After you complete the CSS Profile (new students only)
- If you included Ithaca College on your Profile application, we will receive a “Financial Need Analysis Report” electronically from the College Board.
If your applications are not complete
- You may be notified that additional documentation is needed to complete your application. It is important that you respond quickly to any requests from a federal processor, a state agency or the College with the documents required. Please do not send us copies of your tax returns or any other documents unless we request them.
If your financial circumstances have changed since you filed the FAFSA
- If you have had changes in your family income or had unusual expenses after filing the FAFSA, submit the “Changed Family Circumstance” form (see sidebar).
Notification of financial aid awards
If you have been accepted to Ithaca College and everything in your financial aid application is complete, we will begin work on a financial aid award package for you. A financial aid award package is simply a statement of the aid (federal, institutional, state, etc.) being offered to you for study at Ithaca.
- New students applying early decision who apply for aid by the priority deadlines are usually notified by December 15.
- New students applying regular decision who apply for aid by the priority deadlines are usually notified by May 1.
- Returning students filing by the priority deadline are usually notified by July 15. If you file the FAFSA after the priority deadline, we will consider you for Ithaca aid only after those students who met the deadline have been “packaged”.