Frequently Asked Questions
Applying for Aid
- Do I need to submit my SAR or my PROFILE forms to you?
- Should I wait until I have been accepted at Ithaca before filing the CSS Profile and FAFSA?
- Why do I need to file both the CSS Profile and the FAFSA?
- Should I hire a third-party consultant to help with my financial aid applications?
- If I apply early decision (ED), what is the timing between the commitment deadline to enroll and when I find out how much aid I will receive?
- Financial aid advisors tell you to never apply early decision (ED) because it will lower your aid when you show interest. Is that true?
- Regarding the estimated family contribution (EFC), is there a magic number that a family earns that they shouldn't even bother with the financial aid applications?
- Is there a tool to calculate my estimated family contribution (EFC)?