Welcome to Travel Services (West Tower, 14th Floor)
This site provides information regarding College related travel. Please direct any travel related questions to Travel Services at (607) 274-1480.
Overview of the travel process for Faculty and Staff:
- Familiarize yourself with the College Travel Policy.
- Submit a completed Travel Authorization Form to your supervisor for approval.
- Provide the approved Travel Authorization Form to your Departmental Coordinator and a copy to Travel Services if traveling internationally.
- Determine payment options for your travel expenses such as conference registration, airfare, lodging, etc. Refer to the Payment Methods section of the Travel Policy for further details. Payment methods may require approval and processing time. Please plan accordingly.
- Ithaca College is tax exempt in New York and other select states. When making reservations or traveling to a state that recognizes the College's tax exempt status, please provide vendors with the state specific Tax Exempt Form.
- Keep all receipts related to your trip as they must be included with your Expense Report Form.
- Promptly upon return from travel, complete and submit an Expense Report Form to your Authorized Approver who will then forward the approved form and receipts to Travel Services.
It is important to note that in order to comply with IRS regulations, Ithaca College employees must reconcile College travel expenses on an Expense Report Form within 60 days of return from the trip. In the event that an Expense Report is not submitted to Travel Services within the 60 day time frame, any college paid expenses will be treated as income to the employee. These funds will be subject to required payroll tax withholding and reported on the employee's W-2 Form.
College related travel expenses incurred using personal funds will be ineligible for reimbursement after 60 days.