2012-2013 Fiscal Year End
Memo of College policy and instructions for the balance of the fiscal year by Carl Sgrecci, VP of Finance and Administration
TO: All Budget Managers
I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone of College policy regarding expenditures for the balance of the fiscal year, which ends on May 31, 2013, so you can plan accordingly.
Please review the following instructions carefully. If any of the conditions below are not met, the expenditure will be charged to the new fiscal year (2013-2014).
All requisitions for ordered goods and services chargeable to the 2012-2013 fiscal year must be submitted and approved through iProcurement in Parnassus by May 1, 2013.
- By May 31, 2013, all goods/services must be in possession of the College or any services completed, and they must be received and completed by the department in Parnassus (iProcurement receiving). This also applies to project and grant accounts (account numbers that begin with 02, 03, or 06) for goods and services purchased in 2012-2013.
- If departments have last-minute receipts they are unable to receive in Parnassus by May 31, they should contact Karen Cleveland immediately.
Purchase Order Invoices
- All invoices must be dated on or before May 31, 2013.
- By noon on June 10, 2013, invoices referencing purchase orders must be received by the Accounts Payable office.
- EZPay invoices must be entered in Parnassus by May 31, 2013.
- EZPay invoices must be dated on or before May 31, 2013 and the goods or services must be in possession of the College by that date.
- After May 31, contact the Accounts Payable office concerning invoice payments that would normally be processed through the EZPay system. These invoices must be dated on or before May 31, 2013, and the goods must be in possession of the College by that date.
- Items acquired using the purchasing card should be purchased by May 15 because any transactions not submitted to the bank by the vendor by May 31 will be charged to 2013-2014.
- On Wednesday, June 5, the last 2012-2013 purchasing card transactions will be loaded into Parnassus and available for approval on Thursday, June 6.
- All purchasing card transactions must be updated by June 10 at noon.
Travel Reimbursement and Travel Card
- Travel must be completed by May 31 except in the case where a trip overlaps the May 31 date. In that case if the majority of the trip occurs before June 1st, it may be charged to 2012-2013.
- Travel reimbursement requests for 2012-2013 must be in the Travel Services office by June 10, 2013, at noon.
- On Wednesday, June 5, the last 2012-2013 travel card transactions will be loaded into Parnassus and available for approval on Thursday, June 6.
- All travel card transactions must be updated by June 10 at noon.
If there is an extreme emergency that requires entering an operating account (01 Fund) requisition for the new fiscal year prior to June 1, 2013, call Karen Cleveland for special assistance. It is not necessary to call her for new fiscal year requisitions charged to restricted (02), grant (03), or plant (06) accounts. New year requisitions for these accounts may be entered normally.
Please contact Procurement (274-7341), Accounts Payable (274-3808), Financial Services (274-3309), or Travel Services (274-1480) if you have any questions.
Be sure to check funds availability on your accounts (in Parnassus) before creating requisitions or EZPay payments and before approving credit card transactions in Parnassus. If there are not enough funds in your account, the transactions will fail. For help in checking funds availability, refer to the following documents (or contact the Budget Office at 274-3385).
Inquiring on Funds Available User Guide
Reports User Guide