The Flute Institute at Ithaca College will not be offered in 2011.
Flute Institute - June 17-20, 2010
Join us in beautiful Ithaca, New York for four days of inspiration, revelation, and camaraderie. The Ithaca Flute Institute will offer an interesting and unique variety of masterclasses, performances, and workshops devoted to the flute and flute performance that will include:
- Masterclasses with Wendy Herbener Mehne, Leone Buyse, and Jill Felber on Solo and Orchestral Repertoire,The Sonatas of J. S. Bach, and Repertoire with Extended Techniques
- Yoga for Flutists (Kelly Jepson Covert)
- Creativity Through Rhythm and Movement (Wendy Mehne)
- Extreme Makeover: The Flute Edition (Jill Felber)
- Panoramic Warm Up (Leone Buyse)
The institute will be comprised of performers and participants.
Twenty performers, ages 18 and up, will be selected by application and recordings (age 17 will also be eligible if they have graduated from high school). Performers will play in the masterclasses, participate in the warm-up and workshop sessions, attend concerts, and have the opportunity to perform in a recital. Performers are asked to apply through the online application form and submit an audition CD. Performers will be notified of their status, and, if accepted, directed to an online payment system.
Up to 40 participants, ages 18 and up, will be welcomed on a space available basis. Participants will attend all masterclasses and concerts, and participate in the warm-up and workshop sessions.
Can't attend the full four-day session? Single-day participation is open to anyone who is interested in attending masterclasses and concerts, and participating in the warm-up and workshop sessions for one of the workshop days. Use the online registration form to reserve your space!
- Performers - $500
- Participants - $250
- 1-Day Participants - $100
Housing and Meals
Housing is available for participants and performers aged 18 and up. Meals are available for purchase at the Ithaca College food court, or off-campus. No meal plans are available.
- Standard Residence Hall Single - $35/night
- Standard Residence Hall Double - $20/person/night
- Private Bathroom Residence Hall Single - $50/night
- Private Bathroom Residence Hall Double - $25/person/night
A Housing Application form is available via download on the right of this page.
Questions? Contact Professor Wendy Mehne at firstname.lastname@example.org.