Seminar: Theory in Practice
Seminar is the capstone course in which students apply concepts and skills to solve actual communication problems for clients. While working on projects, students are engaged in project management and consulting skills as well.
Here are a few examples from Summer 2012 Seminar class:
- social media strategy for a non-profit that focuses "reducing waste, relieving poverty, and teaching job skills."
- marketing campaigns/plans fora DJ service, an online sports company, a local non-profit, and a winery.
- international marketing plan (China)
- orientation program for international students
Currently, in the Fall semester, our graduate students are working on creating, designing, and redesigning:
- a web presence analysis for a graphics company in Michigan and local non-profit that is working to "create a culture of literacy, by promoting family reading practices."
- website for an NYC based company that specializes in travel excursions to Mongolia.
- marketing plans for a local theater company, an energy analysis/ audit consulting firm, and a new restaurant
- communication/promotional campaign and assessment strategies for a career services provider
- PR and media campaign