For 2014-15 Applicants
We begin taking applications for the 2014-15 academic year in October. However, we will not begin making decisions until we have complete admissions packages, which includes transcripts that have grades for the fall, 2013, semester. (If you have already graduated, this does not apply to you.) Here is additional information for you to consider as you go through the application process.
1. Completeness of the application is up to you. We will not consider incomplete applications, even if missing just a single letter of recommendation. The status of your application can be checked online. We are currently changing our admissions process to be more online and automated. As we go through this process there are some bugs to work out. Please be patient. If you have any questions please contact the graduate chair at: email@example.com or call 607-274-1751.
2. The application is online and can be found on the Graduate Admissions Office webpages found here. Note that the forms for letters of recommendation must be printed out, signed by you, and then given in hardcopy form to your recommenders. Some time during this year this process may be all online. The instructions for the recommenders are printed on the form. The recommendation form is then mailed as a harcopy document to the Graduate Admissions office at the address that is provided on the form. You need TWO letters for admission that speak to your academic skills. If you are applying for a graduate assistantship you need an additional letter that speaks to your work skills related to the assitantship for which you are applying. This letter is sent to a different address. See below for assistantship applications.
3. If you are applying for an assistantship please fill out the supplementary assistantship application that can be found in the documents section on the ESS Graduate Assistantship wepages found here. Fill out the assistantship application carefully and completely, attach a resume, and mail the hardcopy to the ESS graduate chair at the address on the form. Have an additional letter of recommendation that speaks to your work skills sent to the same address.
4. All applications received prior to March 1 have priority for admission and for assistantships. Assistantship decisions will not begin until March 1, and the process will take from 3-4 weeks to decide on most of the awards.
5. Decisions are made as "Accepted," "Not Accepted," "Provisional Acceptance," or "Wait Listed." If you are accepted or wait listed you may have additional requirements, such as prerequisite requirements. Please read the letter you receive from Graduate Admissions very carefully. This letter will inform you of your status and information regarding being on the wait list, the meaning of provisional status, prerequisites, and other important information.
6. All acceptance decisions are contingent upon successful graduation from your undergraduate institution. If you are newly graduated, you must have your final transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions before you enroll into the program.