Information for New Incoming Students
Welcome to the Department of Health Promotion and Physical Education (HPPE) at Ithaca College. Again, it is going to be an exciting academic year for the HPPE Graduate Program.
1. Please follow all instructions as provided by the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies. Go to their website and do what you need to do to get computer accounts and passwords. All the information you need on health insurance, housing, financial aid, assistantship forms, and Cornell course registration process should be available there.
2. If you have some prerequisite courses you need to take (audit) at Ithaca College or if you need to organize your time based the class offering, you should go online, review course offerings, and register for the courses (audits/prerequisites) as soon as possible. You may deal with the audit paperwork when you arrive on campus in the fall. Contact the Grad Chair for more information.
3. Be sure to have your FINAL official transcripts sent to Ithaca College. If you are taking prerequisite courses during the summer, please have those transcripts also sent.
4. Ideally, registration should not take place until after the HPPE Graduate Program Orientation, which is on Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 from 9:00-10:30 am in Hill Center # 56. You will have a much better idea of what courses to take at that time. You must be at this orientation.
5. If you are on a graduate assistantship it is YOUR responsibility to contact your supervisor prior to the start of school. Sport coaches, especially, must be in contact with the supervisors. Teaching and research assistants can wait until orientation day to meet with their supervisors. Pay for GAs is in the form of a bi-weekly salary over the fall and spring semesters. The tuition waiver is applied directly to your bill. That is, those tuition costs simply do not appear on the bill.
6. The all-college grad orientation is on Tuesday morning, August 28th. Plan to be there.