Why Ithaca College?
One Passion—Many Ways to Study
The School of Music educates prospective teachers, performers, and composers in programs designed to develop persons of professional competence in the following degree areas.
- Music Education (M.M. or M.S.)
- Composition (M.M.)
- Performance (M.M.)
- Conducting (M.M.)
- Suzuki Pedagogy (M.M.)
Graduate Program Quick Facts
- The department offers six graduate programs that lead to the master's degree.
- Programs range from 30 to 36 credits of graduate study.
- A minimum combination of two consecutive terms of full-time study in residence is required for the master of music degrees in performance and composition.
- The master of science or master of music degree in music education may be pursued on a part-time basis.
- The master of music degrees in conducting, Suzuki pedagogy, and music education with Suzuki emphasis require two years in residence.
The Ithaca College Graduate Catalog is available online. Key music sections have been excerpted for your convenience. For additional information, as well as to receive a copy of the Music Graduate Programs Brochure, send an e-mail message to Linda Spencer. Please include your mailing address in the message.