Why Ithaca College?
Ithaca College: Real Experience. Real Success.
There are many reasons why Ithaca College is an excellent choice for graduate study in the field of speech-language pathology and audiology. Chief among them is the program’s theory into practice approach—ensuring that students gain the experience necessary to succeed in the real world.
In fact, most graduate students find themselves immersed in clinical opportunities within the first few weeks of class during their first semester.
Along with many connections to area clinical practicum sites, the college boasts its own extensively equipped speech and hearing clinic—The Sir Alexander Ewing-Ithaca College Speech and Hearing Clinic—which enjoys excellent standing in the community and offers on-campus clinical placements for graduate students.
Facilities include . . .
- Six video-equipped therapy rooms with adjoining observation rooms
- A video-equipped diagnostic room
- An assistive technology and alternative communication lab
- A student work room
- A computer workroom/voice and fluency computer lab
- A well-supplied materials room that houses the latest tests and therapy materials
- Two audiology sound suites with an adjoining control room
During the final semester, students complete the program by taking part in two full-time clinical externships that provide the professional and clinical experiences best suited to prepare them for the challenges and rewards of being a speech-language pathologist.