Checks should be made payable to Ithaca College, and mailed to:
Office of Admission
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
The application fee can be paid by check or online by credit card. We accept MasterCard, Discover, and American Express (Visa is not accepted).
- Pay application fee (if not done at time of submission).
- Arrange to have official transcripts and letters of recommendation sent to the Office of Admission.
- If applying to the School of Music, submit an audition request form.
- Submit GRE or GMAT test scores, if required.
- Monitor application checklist regularly to determine if there are outstanding items. Continue monitoring once application is complete, for news of your decision.
It's difficult to provide a specific answer because every program is different and it depends on the time of year that you apply.
For most programs decisions are made by April 15, except for summer's only music students. Decisions are made by the graduate chairperson and you will be notified separately from your admission decision.
Application deadlines vary by program. Please visit the General Requirements page for specifics.
Through the online application system you can monitor what items have been received and what items remain outstanding. Follow the steps outlined on the Application Checklist page for specifics.
- Return your student acceptance form with your $150 advance deposit.
- Meet with your chair or advisor.
- Find housing. Ithaca College does not have campus housing for graduate students. Off-campus housing is readily available in the Ithaca community, but you should make plans to secure housing ASAP.
- Complete the necessary health forms and review the health insurance policy.
You can request that your admission be deferred. To do so, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with information on the reasons for your deferral and what you plan to do during the period of deferral. Your request will be reviewed and you will be notified of the decision. If your request to defer is granted, you will need to submit the $150 enrollment deposit to secure your space.