Information for New Incoming Students
Welcome to the Department of Health Promotion and Physical Education (HPPE) at Ithaca College. Again, it is going to be an exciting academic year for the HPPE Graduate Program.
- Please follow all instructions as provided by the Office of Admission. All the information you need concerning health insurance, housing, financial aid, assistantship forms, and the Cornell course registration process should be available there.
- If you have prerequisite courses you need to take (audit) at Ithaca College or if you need to organize your time based on the class offering, please go online, review course offerings, and register for the courses (audits/prerequisites) as soon as possible. You may deal with the audit paperwork when you arrive on campus in the fall. Contact the Grad Chair for more information.
- Be sure to have your FINAL official transcripts sent to Ithaca College. If you are taking prerequisite courses during the summer, please have those transcripts sent as well.
- Teaching students must complete and submit scores from the GRE exam.
- Ideally, registration should not take place until after the HPPE Graduate Program Orientation. You will have a much better idea of what courses to take at that time. Attendance at this orientation is required.
- If you are on a graduate assistantship it is YOUR responsibility to contact your supervisor prior to the start of school. Sport coaches, especially, must be in contact with their supervisors. Teaching and research assistants can wait until orientation day to meet with their supervisors. Pay for GAs is in the form of a bi-weekly salary over the fall and spring semesters. The tuition waiver is applied directly to your bill. As a result, tuition costs will not appear on your bill.
- The all-college grad orientation as well as department graduate program orientation take place before the first week of classes. Stay tuned for an announcement with more details and please plan to attend.