The Honors Advantage
Are you ready for a challenge?
As a member of our selective Ithaca College honors program, you’ll feed your curiosity and expand your perspectives in an intellectual community of students from every school at IC. You’ll have access to unique coursework, travel opportunities, and learning experiences with faculty and peers who never stop asking questions.
Explore the tabs below to learn more about the program features and requirements:
|Live and learn with students who share your passion for knowledge!|
The honors residential learning experience, begun in 1999, provides a unique space for the development of a true honors community. It offers many opportunities for enjoyment and enrichment and is the perfect option for honors students who wish to live in a program-specific residential hall. Stated goals of the honors residential learning community (RLC) are:
- to develop a strong sense of community among students participating in the honors housing program;
- to offer an environment conducive to a free exchange of ideas as well as opportunities for discussion that integrate topics from students’ coursework;
- to provide additional out-of-class opportunities for students to interact with honors faculty members;
- to provide a community living experience that is supportive of students’ academic success and interests; and
- to promote honors students’ academic leadership.
The Honors RLC is housed in Lyon Hall and has a larger kitchen than other dorms as well as a small computer lab. First-year students, along with some returning honors students, live together on the honors floor, where they have the advantage of meeting and interacting with veteran honors students who are familiar with the College and who can welcome them into the larger honors community. Special honors programming is also available to students in the Honors RLC. First-year students who live in the Honors RLC also benefit from First-Year Residential Experience (FYRE) programming.