The Honors Advantage
Are you ready for a challenge?
As a member of our selective Ithaca College honors program, you’ll feed your curiosity and expand your perspectives in an intellectual community of students from every school at IC. You’ll have access to unique coursework, travel opportunities, and learning experiences with faculty and peers who never stop asking questions. After exploring these pages check out the IC Honors Blog for the day-to-day buzz of the program.
Explore the tabs below to learn more about the program features and requirements:
|The First Semester in Honors|
|Right from the start, the Honors experience is your gateway to educational events, enlightening discussions, and academic adventure.|
The vast majority of Honors students are invited to apply to the program as part of the admissions process and enter the program as first-semester freshmen. During their first semester, new Honors students will:
- Have the opportunity to live in the Honors Residential Learning Community (we encourage it!) and be part of an engaged, open, and enthusiastic community.
- Be part of the “bigs and littles” program where each freshman is paired with a returning honors student to facilitate orientation to the program and to college in general.
- Participate with their “bigs” in the Honors welcome pizza party the day before classes start.
- Take an Honors Ithaca College Seminar (ICSM).
- Spend a Saturday afternoon at the Cayuga Nature Center with all the other freshman honors students.
- Participate in monthly coffee talks.
- Participate in the once-per-semester ice cream social.
- Have the opportunity to participate in an honors trip, such as whitewater rafting, the Shaw Festival, or backpacking.
- Participate in the Honors holiday banquet.
Our goal during students’ first semester is to engage them in the honors community!