Kindness Matters... Always!
March 5, 2014 was Be Kind Day, but keep in mind that KINDNESS MATTERS everyday!
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible" - Dalai Lama
One of the greatest gifts you can give to another is the act of kindness. Acknowledg the great people in your life! Even something as small as saying "You're Great" can have a big impact on another's day.
Feel free to print and pass out these KINDNESS CARDS to make someone's day a little brighter.
If you're looking to keep this going and pass it forward, check out this great website for inspiration: www.randomactsofkindness.org. Also here is a fun list of kindness to share or create your own:
- Send someone a hand written note of thanks.
- Make a card at home and send it to a friend for no reason.
- Buy a lottery ticket for a stranger.
- Put some coins in someone else’s parking meter.
- Buy a coffee for the next person in line.
- Cut your neighbor’s hedge.
- Walk your friend’s dog.
- Give a compliment about your waiter / waitress to his / her manager.
- Send someone a small gift anonymously.
- Stop and help someone replace their flat tire.
- Let someone jump the line at the bank.
- Pay for the drinks on the next table at a restaurant.
- Treat a friend to the movies for no reason.
- Give a huge tip to someone when they least expect it.
- Hold the door open for someone rushing to get in.
- Give up your seat for someone, not just an elderly person.
- Write notes of appreciation at least once a week.
- Talk to a homeless person and have a “normal” conversation.
- Pick up some garbage in the road which would otherwise be lying around.
- Compliment a work colleague for their excellence.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Give a piece of fruit to a delivery person.
- Help an elderly neighbor carry their groceries in the house.
- Tell all your family members how much your appreciate them.
- Leave a copy of an interesting book on a bus.
- Buy an inspirational book for a friend.
- Send a thank you note to a person who has helped you in the past.
- Smile a lot.