*February is Heart Month!
ABOUT OUR CAMPAIGN:
The FEBRUARY IS HEART MONTH Campaign focuses on educating the campus about Heart Health during the month of February, which is American Heart Month!
This year we will be hosting a Facebook Heart Health Trivia Challenge! Visit the Mind, Body, Me Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MindBodyMeIthacaCollege, "like" the page, and answer the trivia questions. You do not have to be a Mind, Body, Me member to participate!
- Trivia questions will be posted to the Mind, Body, Me Facebook page each Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for the month of February.
- To submit an answer, private message us on our Facebook page with the question number and answer.
- After you submit your answer, "like" the trivia question picture posted to Facebook.
- The deadline for all trivia question answers is February 28th. You can catch up on questions and answers if you've missed some!
HELPFUL HEART HEALTHY RESOURCES:
For more information on being heart healthy, check out these great resources.
- Keep fit with these heart healthy Exercise Workouts
- Heart Health Guide
- Stocking a Heart Healthy Kitchen
- Did you know that heart disease has a tendency to run in families: Map Your Family History
- Read more about Family History and Heart Disease
- Red Foods to Enjoy
- The Healthy Heart Handbook for Women
- 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Food Preparation
- Determine how healthy your heart is by completing the Life's Simple 7 Assessment
- BalanceWorks February Newsletter: Promoting Heart Health
- Use this Grocery Shopping Guideline to help you shop heart healthy foods
- Learn more about Heart Health for Women
- Learn more about High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) with this document from the FDA
- Learn more about Cholesterol for Women with this document from the FDA
- Calculate your heart risk with this Heart Attack Risk Calculator
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Check out these Tips for Preventing Heart Disease
- Check out these Heart Healthy Valentine's Day Tips