IC A Healthy Me Challenge
Food & Fitness by James Suh (April 4 - April 30)
Eating healthy foods and exercising on a regular basis are the building blocks to a happy and healthy body! The body needs a variety of foods to stay healthy and avoid disease or fatigue while exercise controls weight and boosts energy to get you through the day. This year we are challenging you to eat a variety of whole grain carbohydrates, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats while you maintain a weekly cardio schedule. Time to hit the kitchen and the track!
Each day focus on combining your food and fitness goals.
Food Goals & Points: Each meal of the day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) should be a complete meal as outlined below.
A complete meal for this Challenge consists of one each of the following:
- Non Starchy Vegetable = 1 point per meal
- Lean Protein = 1 point per meal
- Whole Grain Carbohydrate = 1 point per meal
- Healthy Fat = 1 point per meal
For a list of acceptable food please click here. Refrain from eating fatty proteins, refined carbohydrates, and processed foods.
Fitness Goals & Points: Include one cardio activity each day, as outlined below.
- Run one mile = 1 point
- Swim 500 meters = 1 point
- Bike 3 miles = 1 point
Bonus Points: Extra points will be awarded for the following scenarios:
- Sending a picture of your complete meal = 1 point per meal
- Sending recipes of your recipes = 1 point per recipe
- Sending a picture from your cardio activity = 1 point per activity
Sample Food & Fitness Day:
Whole Wheat Toast
Salmon cooked with Olive Oil
Whole Grain Barley
Run One Mile
2016 ICAHM - Food & Fitness Registration
(Registration is open until March 30)