At the heart of a comprehensive human resources program is a sound compensation program.
Ithaca College's compensation philosophy is to:
- Attract, retain, and reward a diverse, talented, and effective staff by paying competitive salaries with consideration for market conditions, skills, knowledge, and expertise.
- Recognize staff's contributions and value to the College.
- Manage pay through a flexible, market competitive structure.
- Provide internal equity and consistent administration throughout the College.
- Ensure compliance with the Equal Pay Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and other federal, state and local legislation.
The College's compensation program for staff and administration is designed to provide department supervisors with the flexibility to make appropriate pay decisions. Human Resources staff will work in collaboration and consultation with department supervisors to ensure pay is managed effectively and consistently.
Additional information regarding the staff and administration compensation program can be found in the Staff/Administrative Compensation Handbook.
Annual Salary Review
Staff Annual Salary Review
Although there are many ways that individuals can be rewarded and recognized, the College looks to provide annual salary increases in acknowledgment of individual performance for staff whose performance has been consistently good and who have demonstrated the job specific knowledge, skills, and behaviors to meet overall expectations. Salary adjustments are made in accordance with the Annual Salary Review Guidelines, and are contingent on availability of funds.
All faculty who will be offered appointment for the next academic year must receive annual evaluations for salary. The Policies and Procedures related to the evaluation of faculty can be found in the Faculty Handbook.