The purpose of the goal-setting conversation is to decide what each employee and department's key accomplishments should be in the coming year.
The goal-setting process, when done well, is one of the most effective tools a supervisor has in leading people and the organization to success.
Goal setting doesn't have to be complicated or feared or confusing!
If you have any questions or need help in any part of the goal-setting process, please contact us.
Why Set Goals?
- Most effective method for changing behavior
- Gets better results than "Do your best!" goals
- Emphasizes employee development
- Is a communication vehicle between supervisor and employee
- Leads to more effective, positive performance reviews
- Reduces subjectivity
- Encourages performance improvements and strategies
Benefits of Goal Setting
- Leads to greater compensation
- More promotion; more recognition; greater success
- Reduces stress and uncertainty
- Clears confusion about priorities
- Stimulates us
- Helps us identify needed resources