Adding a Direct Deposit Account in Employee Self-Service
This procedure covers the use of Employee Self-Service to add a Direct Deposit account to an employee’s record.
This procedure does not cover Adjusting or Deleting an existing Direct Deposit account. Refer to Adjusting an Existing Direct Deposit Account in Employee Self-Service [PROHRI17] or Deleting an Existing Direct Deposit Account in Employee Self-Service [PROHRI16].
Employee Self-Service Transactions generate updates/corrections to the employee’s permanent record.
Changes in Employee Self-Service that cannot be completed should always be cancelled by selecting the [Cancel] button.
Employee Self-Service User*
The Human Resources Information Systems Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org] is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
This activity is performed whenever an employee would like to add a Direct Deposit account.
Before performing this procedure, the employee must be sure to have the bank routing number, account number, bank name and account name for the institution to which they would like their pay directly deposited.
Important: An employee cannot opt for splitting pay between a paper paycheck and direct deposit. They must choose one method or another.
The job title Employee refers to:
- Employee Self-Service User
1. Access Employee Self-Service
2. Select “Manage Direct Deposit Information”
3. Add a Direct Deposit account.
Establishing a Direct Deposit account is the same as adding additional accounts.
- Click the [Add Deposit Payment] button.
This brings up a form that allows you to add your account information.
4. Fill in the payment method details.
- Select the Amount Type.
You must determine whether you want a percentage deducted from your NET PAY or a dollar amount (“Monetary”) deducted.
- In the box under your choice, enter the dollar amount or a percentage.
5. Fill in the Bank Details
- Enter your name as it appears on your bank account in the Account Name box.
- Select the Account Type from the dropdown box: Checking Account or Savings Account.
- Enter your Account Number in the box.
Your checking account number can be found on the bottom middle of your check. Below is a breakdown of this number.
* The funds will be sent to whichever account you enter: BE SURE the account number(s) you enter is (are) correct. If you are unsure of the account number or transit code, or you do not have a check available for this account, you should contact your bank and ask for that information.
- Enter your institution’s Transit Code.
This is a 9-digit number. For a checking account, this number can be found on the bottom left of your check. Below is a breakdown of this number.
- Enter your banking institution’s name in the Bank Name box.
- Enter “None” in the Bank Branch box.
This box does not contain information necessary for processing the Direct Deposit.
6. Click [Apply].
7. Notice the account and payment information that is displayed for your current Direct Deposit(s).
Note the following elements:
- Priority – the order in which payments will be processed
- Amount Type
- [Sort By Priority] button – will re-sort the list if you change priorities
- [Add Deposit Payment] button
When multiple accounts exist, they will be paid in the order in which the accounts are prioritized. The last payment method is used for any remaining pay. For example:
- Paycheck Net Pay = $750
- Priority 1 account is set to 5% (5% * 750)
- Subtotal = $37.50
- Priority 2 account is set to $200 of the Net Pay
- Subtotal = $200
- Priority 3 account is set to “Remaining Pay” – the highest priority account will always receive “Remaining Pay” so that you receive all of your pay.
- Remaining Balance = $512.50.
8. Refer to Adjusting an Existing Direct Deposit Account in Employee Self-Service [PROHRI17] if you would like to edit the details of an account.
9. Prioritize your accounts.
10. Determine that bank which will receive the Remaining Balance.
11. Click the [Continue] button when you have put your accounts in order.
12. Click the [Next] button at the bottom right of the screen.
13. Review the information in the summary.
Remember: the account at the bottom of the list of accounts will DEFAULT to the Remaining Balance and will actually override the number in the Amount or Percentage field.
14. Click the [Submit] button at the bottom right of the screen.
Your changes will become pre-note note transactions in the next payroll run, which means the information is sent to each respective financial institution for verification. This may result in you receiving a check on the first payday after the change. Once the information is verified, subsequent pays will be Direct Deposited to the account(s).
15. Click the [Home] button to exit when you are finished working with your Direct Deposit Information.
You can continue to work with Employee Self-Service from the main menu.
16. Click the “Logout” link (in the upper right corner of the page) when finished with Employee Self-Service to properly disconnect from Parnassus.
End of activity.
|Download Adding a Direct Deposit Account in Employee Self-Service
PDF Document - Size: 127 kB