Creating a "Vacation Rule" to Delegate Workflow Transactions
This process covers how to create a rule to forward workflow transactions that you normally receive to another employee while you are out of the office.
Forward your workflow notifications before you leave for business trips, vacations, etc. If, for some reason, you really don't want to forward your notifications, be sure to check your work list while you are away.
Manager Self-Service User*
The Human Resources Information Systems Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org] is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
This activity is performed whenever you need to forward workflow transactions to another employee while you are out of the office.
The job title Manager refers to:
- Manager Self-Service User
- Timecard Approver
- If you select “—All—“, all of your workflow notifications including any Financial, Manager Self Service and Time Approval notifications will go to the same person
- You can create multiple rules to route separate types of workflows to different approvers
- Enter the Start Date and End Date for the period you will be away. The dates need to be complete to the 6-digit time code at the end. You can easily enter a correct format by clicking on the calendar icon next to each field and picking a date from the calendar that pops up. You can then edit the time (as military time) to refer to the correct time – 5:00 pm would be 17:00:00
- Enter a Message, if you desire.
These comments go to the employee to whom you are delegating your transactions. They can be instructions, reminders, greetings, etc.
- Select the Delegate.
- Enter the delegate's last name in the “Reassign” field, then click on the flashlight.
- Click on the Quick Select icon for the person you are routing the workflows to.
The delegate's name will appear in the "Reassign to" box.
- The "Delegate your response" radio button is the default setting; leave it and click on the [Apply] button.
End of activity.
|Download Creating a "Vacation Rule" to Delegate Workflow Transactions
PDF Document - Size: 178 kB