Hiring a Student Using IC Student Manager Self-Service
This document covers accessing and using the Student Manager Self-Service responsibility.
The Student Supervisor is responsible for inputting information into the system to hire new students.
The Manager of Student Employment [email@example.com] is responsible for ensuring this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports Ithaca College policy.
1. Access Student Manager Self-Service
Refer to Accessing Student Manager Self-Service [NAVHRI06]
2. Enter the student ID number and click on the Retrieve Student Information link.
3. Click on the Add NEW Assignment button.
4. Choose the appropriate organization (department), Location (building), and Task from the drop down lists.
5. Enter the student’s Hourly Rate and scheduled Hours per Week.
6. Select the appropriate Start and End Dates using the calendar icon to minimize the risk for error.
7. Enter Override Costing ONLY IF the student employee’s earnings should be charged to an account other than the default salary account for the organization.
8. Enter the student employee’s assignment duties/responsibilities. This is a required field, and you will not be able to proceed further without defining the job this student has been hired to do.
Enter Comments to the Student Employment Office in the last field of this form.
9. Click on the Continue button if you are satisfied with this SMSS transaction. Otherwise, click the Cancel button to discontinue the process.
10. Review the information presented on the last page for accuracy, and click on the Submit for Approval button.
11. If you are finished using Student Manager Self-Service, please be sure to log out to properly disconnect from Parnassus. Otherwise, click on the Return To Select link.
End of activity
Copyright © 1997, 2008. All rights reserved.