Frequently Asked Questions
Classic Minestrone Soup
- 2 carrots, 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup small shell pasta or macaroni
- 1 cup shredded escarole or kale
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini or navy beans
- Grated Parmesan for serving, optional.
- Combine carrots, celery, onion and garlic in slow cooker. Pour in broth and stir in tomatoes, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, stir in pasta, escarole and beans. Cover, increase heat to high and cook until pasta is tender, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot, sprinkled with Parmesan, if desired.
Amount per serving