Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In 8-quart bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Bake for 17 to 19 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through.
- Remove cookies from rack to cool.
337 calories, 19 grams fat, 42 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams protein per serving.
This Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies recipe from CDKitchen serves/makes 36