The following section contains information concerning when Ithaca College student employees may work, their pay rate, and how they are paid.
- Please note Ithaca College’s policy states that while classes are in session, students are limited to working 20 hours per week, which includes all Ithaca College student employment.
- When a student is on break (Spring Break, Winter Break or during summer session), they may work no more than 40 hours per week. If a student is required to work during a holiday, they receive straight time pay for the hours worked.
- Students are not eligible to be paid for snow days unless they work. If the student’s department is still operating, they should report to work unless otherwise notified by their supervisor.
- Minimum wage is $7.25. Supervisors have the discretion to give students raises; however, raises are not guaranteed.
- Students who are full time (taking more than 6 credit hours of classes) will receive wages that are exempt from FICA (Social Security and Medicare) taxes.
- Students taking less than 6 credit hours will NOT be FICA exempt.
- Pay periods run from Monday-Sunday, and pay days will be on a bi-weekly basis paid on Fridays.
- Checks will be mailed to local addresses on Friday, unless you have direct deposit.
- If you have direct deposit, your money will be available to you on payday. You will not receive a pay stub, but one will be viewable to you in Parnassus.