Viewing Benefits Information in Employee Self-Service
This procedure covers the use of Employee Self-Service to view an employee’s benefits information.
Changes in Employee Self-Service that cannot be completed should always be cancelled by selecting the [Cancel] button.
Employee Self-Service User*
The HR Information Systems Manager is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
This activity is performed whenever an employee would like to view their benefits information. This Employee Self-Service function allows an employee to review their own benefits details, which includes the cost of each benefit, the type of benefit plan, and any family members that are covered.
Currently, an employee cannot make changes to their own benefits information through Employee Self-Service. Employees must contact the Benefits department in order to make adjustments to their benefits.
The job title Employee refers to:
1. Access Employee Self-Service
Refer to Accessing Employee Self-Service [NAVHRI01.htm]
2. Select Benefits from the IC Employee Self-Service menu.
Select 'Individual Choice' and click 'Next'
3. View Current Benefits.
When you access ESS Benefits, you will be brought automatically to the Current Benefits screen, unless there is an enrollment opportunity available to you. If there is an Open enrollment opportunity, you will be on the “Dependents and Beneficiaries” page.
To view your Current Benefits, use the “Next” Button.
Then click on the “Current Benefits” tab.
Here you can view your current benefits information. Be sure to scroll through the information all the way to the bottom to see all the details of your coverage, including the coverage of your dependents and your beneficiaries.
4. View Plan and Option details.
5. Update Beneficiary information
6. Click to proceed to the 'Update Beneficiaries' page.
7. Enter a whole number to reflect the percentage each Beneficiary is to receive. The total for each column (Primary and Contingent) *MUST* equal 100%.
8. Click 'Recalculate' to update the Percentages for each Beneficiary.
9. Repeat steps 7 & 8 for each type of Insurance coverage selected.
10. Click when you are finished. You will be presented with an 'Overview' page.
11. Click to return to the Benefits Selection page.
12. View Past Benefits information.
You will only be able to select benefits dates if your benefits have changed during your employment at Ithaca College.
All previous benefits information will be displayed in a similar layout to your Current benefits information.
13. Note the Benefits Enrollment tab.
Currently, you can only click on this tab during the annual Open Enrollment period. In the future, you will be able to update your own benefits information when you have a significant life event occur (such as a birth of a child, or a marriage).
14. Note the Preferences hyperlink :
This is a link to the < User Preferences > section of Employee Self-Service.
If you want more information about what the Preferences are, refer to Changing your Parnassus Password in Employee Self-Service [PROHRI13]
15. Click the < Home > hyperlink to exit when you are finished viewing your benefits information.
You can continue to work with Employee Self-Service from the main menu.
the < Logout > hyperlink when finished with Employee Self-Service to
properly disconnect from
End of activity.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.