Setting IE Security in XP to Print PaySlips
This process covers setting Internet Explorer security in Windows XP to enable printing of payslips from Employee Self-Service or Student Employee Self-Service.
Employee Self-Service User*
Student Employee Self-Service User*
The HRIS Director [email@example.com?Subject=Setting IE Security in XP to Print Payslips] is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
This activity is performed whenever an employee is unable to print their payslip from Employee Self-Service or Student Employee Self-Service because of security settings in Internet Explorer.
Note: It is
your responsibility to maintain the security settings on your computer. While adding the following website (outlined
in this document) to your Trusted Sites list is not a security risk, adding
certain other sites can increase your susceptibility to virus attacks.
The job title Employee refers to:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Select Tools> Internet Options in the Menu bar.
3. Select the "Security" tab in Internet Options.
4. Select "Trusted Sites."
5. Click the [Sites] button.
This will open a "Trusted Sites" window.
6. Enter "https://athens.ithaca.edu" in the "Add this Web site to the zone:" box.
7. Click the [Add] button.
8. Be sure the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" check box is checked.
9. Click the [OK] button.
This will close the Trusted Sites window.
10. Click the [Custom Level...] button on the Internet Options Security screen.
This will bring up a "Security Settings" window.
11. Set the Security Settings.
12. Click [OK] in the Internet Options window.
Your security settings are now set to enable printing of payslip information from Employee Self-Service or Student Employee Self-Service.
End of activity.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2002 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.