This procedure covers submitting transactions to affect special types of payment not necessarily related to the employee’s primary position, also known as additional appointments via Manager Self-Service.
Manager Self-Service User*
The HRIS Director [firstname.lastname@example.org] is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
This activity is performed whenever a payment needs to be made to an employee who will perform services not within his/her job description (AKA Additional Appointment). You will send the MSS transaction through the workflow as a “zero salary increase transaction”. In this way, you can attach the communication to the employee into the employee’s permanent salary history record in Parnassus while also initiating the pay process that will be completed by Human Resource Information.
The job title Manager refers to:
1. Access Manager Self-Service
Refer to Accessing Manager Self-Service [NAVHRI04]
2. Select “Change Assignment”
If you are not presented with a hierarchical view of “My Employees”, goto task #3. Otherwise, goto task #4.
3. Search for the employee by entering the last name of the employee who has taken on and click on the “Go” button.
4. Click the [Action] icon for the employee who has taken on additional duties.
5. Enter the effective date for transaction
6. This page is for changing the Assignment of the employee. If there are no desired changes on this page, click .
7. This page is for changing the Location of the employee. If there are no desired changes on this page, click .
8. This page is for changing the employee’s schedule. If there are no desired changes on this page, click .
9. Click the button to go to Pay Rate screen.
10. Select “Other” as the salary change reason from the dropdown list in the first column of the Proposed Pay Rate change grid.
11. Make a Zero Salary Increase.
In order to attach the letter regarding the payment details for the Additional Appointment, you will need to create a Zero Salary Increase, which will enable Parnassus to accept the letter into the employee’s permanent salary record.
You can enter information in any of the fields to affect the employee's pay rate according to the function. The top left region of the window displays the current pay rate information.
By entering 0% increase, you are telling Parnassus that there is no actual change to the salary.
12. Click the button to go to the Review Screen.
13. Review the transaction details.
14. Additional Information, Attachments.
15. Add Comments to Approver on the Review page.
16. Print the Review page for your records if you desire. (This step is optional).
17. Close the new window after you have printed your review page.
18. Click the [Submit] button on the Review screen.
19. Click the “Home” link or button to return to the Home Page when you are finished.
20. Click the Logout link when finished with Manager Self-Service to properly disconnect from Parnassus.
End of activity.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.